Monday, March 05, 2007

A Very Long Lunch

Yesterday we had a birthday lunch at Maria's house. We arrived at noon and finally made it home a little before 8pm. Now that's a long lunch! There were a couple of other families there and we all enjoyed relaxing, eating, a couple of glasses of wine (or in the case of the Hubbies - more than a couple of beers!) and the kids had a great time playing and swimming in the pool. We all ended up staying for dinner. An attempt was made to order pizza but the power was off at the pizza shop so we ducked out to grab hot chips and a couple of cooked chickens instead and that, along with the leftover salads, kept us all satisfied. We don't often get to have these kind of 'long lunches', especially since the move up here to Red Dirt Central so it was a nice treat and a thoroughly enjoyable day.




I took potato salad which seemed to go down well - the Hubby loves my potato salad and I have to admit that I'm rather partial to it too.




In other news, I have been declared "A Very Good Mummy" by Offspring #1. He and Hubby made a quick trip to the shops on Saturday and bought these home for me.





After thanking them I enquired as to why I had received flowers (a fairly rare occurrence in the House of Red Dirt). I was informed that they were from #1 because I was a very good Mummy! Awwwww.... Too sweet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How I miss those relaxing sort of days (and someone to have a couple of drinks with)! My #2 looked at your #2's photo on the fridge last week and said "I want to go to Mandi's". How do I explain to a 2 year old that that is just not possible???

Red Dirt Mummy said...

Hi Donna. I was gonna send you a pathetic and sad email tonight! We miss you guys.

Oh, and tell your #2 we live even further away than his Nonna!