Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Hubby


Yay, my husband is now officially as old as me! LOL. There might only be three months between us but, my goodness, he gets in a years worth of cracks about me being the older woman.


Offsping #1 and I made a cupcake birthday cake this morning and then we quickly sang happy birthday and blew out the candles before #2 went for her nap.


The birthday cake, alight with candles.



Offspring #1 'helping' blow out the candles.





Offspring #2, attempting to shove an entire cupcake into her not-so-dainty gob!



As Hubby will be out tonight (well it is Wednesday, so there's golf!) we had a birthday lunch and made pizza. I used a new dough recipe from I Think I Have A Recipe For That. I decided to tempt fate and throw it all in the breadmaker on the dough setting and it turned out really well. I will definitely be making it again! And no, you can't taste the beer.




I'll be away for a few days from tomorrow. We're heading up the coast a bit to visit friends so I'll be back next week with photos of even more red dirt!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the cupcake-cake...so fun! Does #2 lick the icing off before she eats the cake? I babysat a little girl who would put the cupcake on the table, lean forward and lick off the icing but then wouldn't eat the cake. Sugar, I guess, is the best! Happy Birthday to Hubby. I hope you have a good visit on the coast.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I'm guessing you take the icing off first, Mandi, am I right?

I'm 3 months older than my Glenn, and I can tell you, I know exactly what you mean.

Hope you all have a great trip!

Pendullum said...

Happy Birthday to RedDirt Daddy...
And the pizza looks delicious!

Kristin said...

YUM! How I have I not been here before? Usually I can sniff out cute kids and good food!

Have a nice little holiday.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Red Dirt Daddy. Hope you had a good break and travelled well with the offspring.
Tried to Skype you - name a problem.
THings are cruising in the cool Avon Valley Hills.
Love Suse

Red Dirt Mummy said...

Hubby says "thankyou" for all the birthday wishes!

Too cute, Claire. I'm a big meanie and Chantalle got it right - I take the icing off #2's cake!

LOL, Chantalle. Both at Glenn and how well you know me!

Hi Pendullum. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you'll come back again.

Hi Kristin. I'm so thrilled you stopped by! I'm a big fan of your blog. Wow, it's like I just met someone famous LOL.

Hi Suse. The offspring travel well thanks to many snacks and a car DVD player! I'll email you about skype.