Thursday, June 28, 2007

A Belated Birthday Post


I'm very late with the post about Offspring #1's 5th birthday. My excuse, and yes I think it's valid, is that my camera has been playing up so most of the pics were on Grandpa's camera. Hubby, in all his wisdom, decided to load the photos onto his laptop rather than my computer and then left it at work for two day so I couldn't retrieve any of the photos. In fact, until today I hadn't even seen any of them. After much begging, an a few un-subtle reminders, he brought his laptop home today and I finally managed to get the birthday pics. So....




It was #1's birthday on Sunday and we had a fantastic day. He had a Treasure Island party with a few little friends from school, some family friends and, of course, Grandma and Grandpa.




The kids all dressed up as pirates or mermaids and we decorated the backyard and played Treasure Island type games.





They played 'Walk the Plank', pass-the-parcel, a pirate version of musical statues where they had to freeze like a pirate when the music stopped, and had a treasure hunt too. Add in some yummy food and a birthday cake and we had a fun party happening.







#1 received lots of fabulous presents and hasn't stopped playing with them all week. I don't think he would be able to pick a favourite at this point as he loves them all so much.




Now we have to get busy with the thankyou notes!

5 comments:

The Cookbook Junkie said...

Looks like a lot of fun.

So what was disappointing about the cake?

Red Dirt Mummy said...

Thanks Paula. I should have cooked the cake the day before.It was crumbly and kind of fell apart as I was trying to ice it. It was okay, just not quite as good as I'd hoped. The jelly 'water' did hide a multitude of sins though!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Ben! Growing up so quickly hey? We have our run of parties about to start but no pirates here just princesses! Kaz

Anonymous said...

Great looking party and such a handsome birthday boy! It's hard to believe he's already 5 years old!

Happy Birthday Ben!

Red Dirt Mummy said...

Thanks Kaz and Jen!