Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I'm Surviving

Here I am in the big smoke. Okay, well Perth isn't really all that big and the smog doesn't seem too bad but hey, there are traffic lights and lots of people and cars and buildings higher than two levels so it's pretty impressive LOL.
The work has been full on. It's a lot to get my head around but I'm writing everything down and then I'll sort through it all next week while I'm trying to put it all into action.
The hotel I'm staying in is good. The staff are all lovely, I know they are supposed to be but they are just friendly and pleasant and it makes for a pleasant stay. The food has been good - I have been trying to squeeze in a walk each day to make up for the amounts of hotel food being consumed.
Dinner with the girls on Monday night was excellent. Wine, great food and terrific company. I'm sure you all know how wonderful it is to catch up with friends you have known forever who you can just relax and be yourself with. I think we laughed out way through the whole evening and I thoroughly enjoyed it!
I have been doing okay on my own but started to REALLY miss the kids last night - just a reaction to being really tired and feeling like my head is being hammered with information and I still have several more days to go. I do wish my plane tonight was taking me home to my babies instead of to the other side of the country but Hubby and Grandma are doing a great job at home and I do get to speak to everyone each day, usually twice a day.
I'm off to Sydney tonight and probably won't check in again till I'm home. Then I'll have lots of blogs to catch up on as well as lots of housework to do.
Ciao

2 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Awww, Perth is such a nice place! But have fun in Sydney as well, fun and a productive time, certainly! ;-) Guess time´ll just fly by and you´re with your kids before you can snip your fingers!

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you and that you are doing well on your trip. Yes, catcthing up with friends is WONDERFUL! I'm sure your kids miss you too but they are probably having fun with Grandma too. :)