Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Uuuuggghhhh

Cough, sneeze, splutter.
Offspring #2 has lovingly shared her (latest) cold with me. Hers began with yet another asthma attack - we think we've finally worked out her 'trigger', thank goodness. Now we just wait for the next attack to see if we have it right. Not altogether a fun ride.
I'm off to sip a burning-ly good cup of tea before heading for bed. The extra heat in the tea helps my throat to stop hurting. Unfortunately because of the citrus allergy/issues hot lemon and honey drinks are out - there are lots of times I miss citrus and this is just one of them. It's not helped by the fact that I unknowingly ate something with just a drop of citrus (probably lemon but not too sure) at the end of last week and my face has a lovely rash that, rather embarrassingly, looks like the acne on the faces of the kids I'm dealing with each day. Here's hoping I feel better in the morning and that my face looks a little less unpleasant. Work is flat out and I need every bit of good energy I can get.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry you feel bad. Hope you get better quickly. Hot stuff helps my throat, too. Keep drinking water during the day, too...you may have to use the restroom a lot but it helps!

Iris Flavia said...

Oh seesh, bad news, so sorry to hear!

Get well soon!
Am I lucky I have no allergy against any food!

Anonymous said...

Uughghhh, you poor thing. I've had this cold for almost a week and I'm just starting to feel as though I may have turned a corner. Madi is still laid-up on the couch, though. It's been a looooong winter. Bring on Spring!

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Sam Marshall said...

((((Get better soon!))))