Thursday, November 13, 2008

Call Me?

Yes, I'm back online at last! It's so nice to hear the phone ringing, though I'm sure it won't be too long before it's driving me crazy again. Isn't it amazing how frustrating life is without a telephone or easy access to the internet?
I was impressed by the Telstra man - I'd been told that a technician would call between 8am and 12noon and he arrived at 8.02am precisely. Now that doesn't happen too often.
Because of the impending arrival of the aforementioned technician I'd made no plans for today and it was the first day I've been home ALL day for about two and a half weeks. It was lovely! Offspring #2 and I cleaned the house from top to bottom and worked our way through six loads of washing. I'm exhausted but thrilled with my sparkling clean house. I'm not quite so thrilled by the overflowing baskets of ironing waiting to be done...

2 comments:

Sam Marshall said...

Glad you're back!!!

Iris Flavia said...

So.
So! It´s a world-wide problem after all! How many times did I take hours off work to be there in case the technician/heating guy/whomever might be there in time... just to get disappointed yet again!

A joker you got there, it seems!

Ack, yips, same over here... going to do laundry tomorrow, bleh!