* read The Kite Runner. Still undecided about it though. It was powerful but not sure it lived up to the hype. Maybe if I'd read it earlier I would have had lower/less expectations and liked it more?
* was invited to a Talent Show (yes, with capitals!) under the nectarine tree. The talents being showcased, and I'm using that term loosely, were singing, dancing and standing around waiting for inspiration to strike. The costumes were fabulous, the talents a little less so.
* helped the kids smash up some of their Easter eggs to make some seriously yummy cookies that have become an post-Easter tradition in their own right. The kids had a fantastic time bashing away at their eggs and then were very helpful in the cookie-making. They were also very helpful when it came time to taste the results.
* played Monopoly with the kids. There's a reason the box says 'Ages 8 and up". But it was fun and by the end (not the end of the game just the end of what I could cope with) Mr-Six was doing pretty well. Little Miss had already taken herself off to the couch to watch Bob The Builder. But, darn it if they didn't beat me. Next time I won't be helping them nearly as much!
* made porcupine meatballs for dinner tonight. Saw it over at The Cookbook Junkie and thought it sounded like a great addition to this week's menu. Easy and tasty, though not quite what I remember from my childhood. Mr-Six was most impressed and cleaned his plate in record time.
* had a quick drink with the neighbours tonight before dinner. Got to cuddle their new foster baby - two weeks old and gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. I could cuddle this little boy for hours.
* watched Biggest Loser tonight and yelled at the television. SOOOOOO unfair that the evicted contestants get a second chance and will, more than likely, beat out those who have fought all the way. Especially unfair that Stewart gets to come back - I don't like him at all. But I still hate Cameron the most - stop bloody crying!
* heading into the second week of school holidays. We have plans for Monday and Tuesday, still working on Thursday and are going to see Monsters vs Aliens sometime over the weekend.