Thursday, May 21, 2009

Morning Tea... For A Cause

I never say no to a morning tea invitation. It's probably one of my favourite meals. Well, that and afternoon tea. Delicious cakes, tasty sandwiches, tiny savoury delights and lots of tea (or coffee if that's what you prefer). What's not to like?
With that in mind, and the Cancer Council Australia's Biggest Morning Tea event approachng, I've decided to host a morning tea.
Australia's Biggest Morning Tea is one of The Cancer Council Australia's foremost fundraising events and is the largest, most successful event of its kind in Australia. More than a million people participate in the event and last year it raised over 10 million dollars. The funds raised during Australia's Biggest Morning Tea are vitally important. Donations sustain The Cancer Council Australia's cancer research initiatives; education programs; and support services for those diagnosed with cancer, their families and carers. Bearing in mind that 1 in 2 Australians will be diagnosed with cancer before the age of 85 the work that the Cancer Council Australia does is vitally important to every Australian.
I'm hosting morning tea at my house next Thursday, 28th May, starting at 10am. I have door prizes and some prizes for raffles and will be doing some begging for donations from local businesses for more prizes. I'm asking guests to bring a plate and a gold coin donation as well as some change for the raffles.
So, a fun morning with my friends, neighbours and some of the mums from school, and we'll raise some money for charity. Sounds like a good plan to me.

1 comment:

Deborah C-K said...

What a great idea! I wonder if I could transfer it here? Hmmmm..unlikely..