Tuesday, November 03, 2009

An Artiste

Offspring #2 and I had a rare day at home today. I say rare because, although I only work a couple of days a week and we spend heaps of time together, it's not often we stay at home all day long. Sure we still did the school run but that's an everyday kind of thing so it doesn't really count.


We washed dishes, made beds, tidied the house, hung laundry and even managed a spot of gardening.


We also watched #2's favourite tv show and danced and sang along. And danced and sang. And danced. And sang.


And we played "Cinda-brella". Apparently you pop on your noisiest dress-up shoes,run up and down the hallway a bunch of times and on the last lap you drop one shoe before running into the living room and exclaiming in a completely pathetic and tragic whimper that you've lost your shoe and don't know what will happen now. On the one hand I'm kind of horrified that she's play-acting at being helpless and waiting for the Prince to come and on the other hand I'm actually pretty impressed with her comprehension skills as she's only been interested in listening to the story the whole way through for the past couple of weeks.


I was enjoying our day so much that when she very sweetly asked if she could 'do painting' I totally weakened and gave in. Which was lucky. Because that was my chance to take some more photos of my lovely girl. The Artiste.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was the perfect day...nothing like a bit of Mother-Daughter time. Kaz x

Iris Flavia said...

She´s really, really cute! :-)