Thursday, March 25, 2010

At Least

when she has this much crap in her room...

I have an excuse not to vacuum! (yes, she does normally have bed linen. It was wash-the-sheets day.)

Offspring #2 spied the brightly coloured bag on the top shelf in my wardrobe and, being the inquisitive child she is, had to find out what was in it. Upon finding out a tent lived in the bag she nagged and nagged until I finally got the thing down and, amid much muttered swearing, set it up in the living room. Then she wanted it in her bedroom. Her tiny little bedroom. Cue more muttered swearing as I dragged it up the hallway and shoved it through her doorway.

So that's where it is - literally squeezed in between her bed and her shelves, full of teddies and babies and blankies and toys. And she's spent most of this past week turning it into a school-room, a hospital, a 'holiday place', a bedroom for babies and a princesses castle. I love watching her imagination at work.

2 comments:

B and the boys said...

You sum up mommyhood so well :)

Red Dirt Mummy said...

Ah, B. You caught me on a good day ;)