Monday, May 24, 2010

Browsing Some Blogs

I have been meaning to tell you about some of my new favourite blog reads for ages but other stuff just keeps getting in the way. It goes without saying that the blogs listed in my sidebar are ones that I love reading but variety is the spice of life so on occasion I go searching for something new. Sometimes I stumble across a new-to-me blog in the comment box of another, sometimes I'll follow an intriguing link from Twitter and sometimes I'll go looking for who has left comments for me. The blogs I'm sharing today kind of cover all bases. Go check them out - there's a little bit of something for everyone.
Bush Babe -she's like the Australian version of The Pioneer Woman. Life on the land, beautiful photos and interesting content. If you like Ree you'll love Bush Babe.
Chicken Willow - This is a relatively new blog and I'm so envious of Hannah's crafty talents. Posts about her family, the things they get up to, gorgeous photos of Hannah's crafty creations and what has become a highlight of my week Forebear Friday where she shares old photos of her ancestors. Go tell her hi from me!
An Ordinary Housewife - this one has been through a couple of incarnations and I'm loving the latest one. She's a fellow Perth-ite!
City Girl In A Red Dirt World - well the title says it all doesn't it? This is fast becoming one of my very favourite blogs. It's pretty much brand new and chronicles the adventures of a city girl who has moved lock, stock and stiletto to the middle of the red dirt all for love. She's in one of the towns I have lived in (but not the most recent one) and I laugh myself silly at her adventures, and mis-adventures. Mostly because so far they've all been terribly familiar! I know a couple of my readers will love this little bit of nostalgia and when you add in that it's well written and she has a fantastic sense of humour (and the photos of the red dirt don't hurt at all) it's a must-see.
Frills In The Hills - I only found this one a couple of days ago but I am LOVING it. Lovely recipes (I have a bundle I want to try), gorgeous kids and a generally beautiful site. I'm looking forward to taking some time and thoroughly exploring this one. And adding it to my sidebar too.

5 comments:

BB said...

G'Lord... Aussie Pioneer Woman? Really? I am not worthy... PLUS I cannot really cook well!

Mr Incredible reckons I should have called myself Colony Chick (but I think he watches too much Top Gear, with that kind of reference!)

Thanks for the shout out... and ADORE your new look!
:-)
BB

Liss said...

Wow Thank you so much! How incredibly sweet of you to say that! Look forward to checking out your other recommendations too! xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Red Dirt Mummy ... thank you soooo much for the shout out .... that's so cool! Glad you're enjoying the blog! I'm still very new to this, so am just discovering all these amazing blogs and amazing people just like you! Thank you! It means a lot! Have a great rest of the week ... pilbara princess xox

Chicken Willow said...

Thanks so much for your lovely comments! Feels like my first ever 'review' and I've come through with flying colours...yay me! Such sweet words and I'm looking forward to checking out your other recommendations right now.

Red Dirt Mummy said...

You're all so very welcome!