I made this slice the other day and we all enjoyed it. This is very sweet and also a bit rich so cut it into smaller than normal pieces and they should be just right.
A tip: If you're storing this in the fridge, like we are in this 37C heat, pull it out of the fridge about 5 minutes before you want to eat it so it's chewy rather than rock hard!
Choc, Apricot and Almond Slice
Woman's Day, April 30, 2007
125g butter, chopped
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
2 cups rolled oats
100g milk chocolate, finely chopped, plus extra 40g, melted
1/2 cup self-raising flour, sifted
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
1/3 cup slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to moderately slow, 160C. Lightly grease and line an 18 x 28cm slice pan.
2. Combine butter, sugar and golden syrup in a medium pan. Stir over low heat for 4-5 minutes, until sugar dissolves.
3. Transfer butter mixture to a large bowl. Add oats, chocolate, flour, apricots and almonds. Mix well.
4. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan. Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until golden.
5. Once slice is cold, drizzle with remaining melted chocolate. Allow to set. Cut into serving size pieces and store in an airtight container.