Thursday, September 04, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

Hubby has finally arrived home. He got here just in time for #2 to have a really bad asthma attack - probably the worst one so far. I would have managed it on my own but it was really nice to have some back-up again. I know that lots of families have a parent who works away but this is a first for us - he was away for 10 days (the longest we've ever been apart) and I'm really pleased with how well the kids and I coped with his absence. We just made a few adjustments to our regular routine and got on with it. The kids were spectacularly well behaved and #1, especially, was a huge help.
Hubby really enjoyed the trip he made - he was further north than he's been before and in a really remote area. He finally 'did' the Gibb River Road, a long-time goal of his, and is glad he did it in a hire car. The track is incredibly rough - supplies are taken in by boat rather than having trucks travel the road - and quite slow going in some places as a result.
Preparation is well underway for #2's birthday party on the weekend. We're having a Hi-5 party at the birthday girl's request so there will be bright colours and lots of 100's and 1000's (coloured sprinkles for the non-Aussies) on EVERYTHING! I'll have pics for you next week.

4 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Good that you´re all back together!
Oh, boy, yes... I nearly killed our car on that Road back then...

Look forward to the party-pics!

Sam Marshall said...

What an adventure. Hope #2 is okay now.
XXX

Melody said...

My Monet turned 4 on Sunday! Hope your Hi-5 party went off without a hitch! (Oh my how our girls are growing!)

Red Dirt Mummy said...

Hi Iris.

Thanks, Sam.

Hi Melody - it's nice to see you out and about. You're right, I can't believe how big they're getting. Where does the time go?