Monday, September 08, 2008

Happy Birthday #2

#2 and I went to the Playschool concert on Friday as part of her birthday present. She was completely overwhelmed and spent most of the time sitting on my lap just staring up at the stage but she didn't stop talking about it all the way home. My 16 year old inner self was absolutely thrilled that Alex was one of the presenters - OMG I was in the same room as Frank from Home and Away!!! Yeah, I'm a big dork LOL



Here's my little girl all dressed up ready for the concert. I can't believe how much of a 'big girl' she looks in this pic.





Her birthday was on Saturday and we had an afternoon tea birthday party for her. As usual, there was waaayyy too much food (will I ever learn??) but we had lots of fun. There were a bunch of kids running around the yard having a great time, lots of family and friends and we loved being 'home' for her birthday.



The cake was an absolute disaster. As per #2's wishes, it was to be a Hi-5 cake and I'd bought a Hi-5 cake topper some weeks ago. When I opened it on Saturday morning it was smashed in about 512 pieces and completely unusable. Hubby rose to the occasion and ran to the seven local shops to no avail so I ended up attempting to freestyle the Hi-5 hand. Hmmm... the result was less than impressive and ensures that I will never take up cake decorating.





But we all had lots of fun and #2 loved being the centre of attention. This was the first time she really 'got' the idea of her birthday and she loved unwrapping the presents, telling people "thankyou", being sung to, and of course eating more junk than I ever let her eat.




I did love the cupcakes, and so did all the kids.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That child is OUTRAGEOUSLY cute.

Anonymous said...

I am also outraged at how cute your child is.

Iris Flavia said...

She looks real cute! :-)
And to me the cake looks fine too! At least it doesn´t scream at me!

Wow. I think the first own B-day I remember was??? 5? Do I have to worry?
But, alas! I just bought a German e-book "Generation dumb", which is us here in Germany. With Super-Nanny and all.

So: Yay to the new generation, happy 3rd one!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to #2! So cute!!! What is Hi-5?

Melody said...

Oh how sweet. I paniced when I did Monet's b'day cake, thinking it wasn't going to work out like I imagined but low and behold, it worked out just fine! (I have a piccie posted on my blog)...

Glad #2 and the clan had a great day!

Red Dirt Mummy said...

Thanks to you all for your comments and good wishes for the birthday girl :)