Thursday, May 14, 2009

Just Stuff

If you're on Twitter you might have seen that I've become a little bit addicted to it. Much like Facebook I couldn't see what all the fuss was about and then got suckered right into it. As a result the blogging has suffered somewhat. Sorry.
The vegie garden is growing beautifully. I've been picking spinach as needed and have even given some away to the neighbours. I think I'm going to plant some more even though I'm not sure we really need to. Nothing from the rest of the plants yet but they are getting bigger so it's just a matter of playing the waiting game. I used some of the spinach in a fab dinner the other night - chicken breasts stuffed with olive tapenade, bocconcini and finely shredded baby spinach. It was delicious and went down a treat here. I did give Little Miss some plain chicken but Mr Six polished off the real deal and went back for seconds.
The knitting is coming along nicely. I have now pulled my scarf apart close to 15 times. In the end I decided to give up on the pattern I bought - it was way too hard for my beginner-ness - and am just knitting it plain knit one row, purl one row. However, since we know I don't do things by halves, I have made a very pretty (actually kind of crappy) pink scarf with purple felt love-hearts sewn on the ends for the Little Miss. She loves it and wears it EVERYWHERE. Which makes me feel pretty special. I've started on a nice navy blue one for Mr Six. Sorry no pics yet but I'll see what I can do on the weekend.
Well I'm off to watch Grey's. It's my Thursday night guilty pleasure. That and the block of chocolate Hubby brought home for me.

No comments: