Monday, November 06, 2006

A New (to me) Easy Dinner

Offspring #1 is feeling much better today and, so far, the rest of us appear to have escaped this particular bug (Thank Goodness!!). Last night I was looking for something easy for dinner. I had cooked some rice for #1 to have for dinner as it would be nice and gentle on his recovering tummy and didn't want to have to make three different things for dinner - rice for him, something for Hubby and me and something else, or at least a different version of ours, for #2. As any resourceful Mummy does, I turned to the world wide web! I had rice and a tin of tuna and I figured I could find an easy dinner recipe with those ingredients fairly quickly. How true that was and an hour later we sat down to a Tuna Rice Casserole that I had cobbled together from about 4 different recipes. Not something I would have thought of making but as far as an easy dinner with next-to-no-prep, it was fine. I added some vegies and we pretty much had the food groups covered!

Red Dirt Mummy's Tuna Rice Casserole



1 can tuna, drained
1 can cream of chicken soup
½ cup milk
oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 stick celery, finely chopped
2 cups cooked rice
1 cup frozen peas and corn
pepper to taste

Heat oil in a frypan over medium heat. Saute onion and celery. Put all ingredients into a greased casserole dish and mix them together. Bake at 180˚C/350˚F for one hour.

No comments: